Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- Emiratisation? Less expats, more locals wanted in entrepreneurship sector
- The hidden cost of job connections in Lebanon
- Employees saving schemes still unpopular in UAE
- 70% chance the nurse who helped you once wants out of the profession
- Executive calls for supporting Saudization even if it 'impacts businesses negatively'