Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- A leadership 'deficit': why ME firms can't give up their reliance on expats
- Much more than just elitism: why Arab students flock abroad for university
- Betting on your self-worth: how to successfully negotiate your salary
- The packages can't get any 'sweeter' but Saudis are still fleeing the public sector
- Egypt's 2011: the year of the Arab Spring and resignations