Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- A 'real' crisis: house maid shortage hitting UAE homes
- UAE reaping the fruits of online education
- Out of the box: why creativity and innovation are key to the ME's economic and social progress
- The case for a minimum wage for expats in Saudi Arabia
- As long as they're 'considering' it: Emiratis slowly considering working in the private sector