Jordan working hard to employ disabled workers
A total of 430 people with disabilities (PWD) are currently working at the Greater Amman Municipality (GAM) in various jobs that fit their capabilities and academic qualifications.
Rana Haddadin, head of the PWD department at GAM, said appointing people with visual, physical or hearing disabilities is part of GAM's responsibility towards PWD rights.
She added that each of these workers receives a JD30 allowance in addition to their monthly salaries to improve their living standards.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE