Jordan exports to Israel up by 21%
Official statistics indicate a rise of 21.2% in Jordanian exports to Israel during the first five months of this year. The Department of Statistics saud the value of Jordanian exports to Israel amounted to 34.08 million dollars, compared to 27.9 million in the same period of 2009.
However, the statistics pointed to a decline of 26.5% in the volume of Jordanian imports from Israel. The Jordanian imports reached during the said period 39.8 million dollar, compared to 54.2 million dollar for the same period in 2009.
Anti normalization groups in Jordan have intensified their campaign against the import and export to and from Israel, and have consistently called to boycott Israeli goods and products in the Jordanian market. Jordanian clerics also issued a religious edict a few months ago, banning doing business with Israel.
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Businessmen tortured in UAE
- State of the Arab World Economy report 2016: diversify, tax, slash subsidies