Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- US offers $5 million reward for tips that would help take down Daesh’s oil trade
- Oprah snubs BDS over Israeli diamonds
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Feeling tough these few days? Jordan to deport 260 Egyptians for labor law violations
- Busted! 65 factories shut down in Jordan and thousands warned
- Lebanon to crack down on child labour - minister
- Jordanian Labor Ministry to Crack Down on Illegal Foreign Workers
- Legal foreign workers in Jordan top 235,000