Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- Not 9-5 but 24/7. What can Abu Dhabi to do ease tough working conditions of labourers?
- A bit harsh? New proposal wants to cap how long expats can reside in Kuwait
- Expensive education: GCC to spend $90 billion on education construction by 2020
- AUB students start the academic year with 'mixed emotions' as strike looms
- It’s a good time to be job hunting in the UAE