Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- Out of the box: why creativity and innovation are key to the ME's economic and social progress
- The case for a minimum wage for expats in Saudi Arabia
- As long as they're 'considering' it: Emiratis slowly considering working in the private sector
- Despite strained resources, Saudi Arabia to up spending on education, infrastructure
- Saudization vs. the war for talent: a daunting catch-22