Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa
- An unreadable reality: 21 million children in ME may 'miss education'
- Not giving in: Saudi women increasingly demand higher positions
- Omani unemployment declines to 11.75%