Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- From labour conditions to grand dreams: New York President talks about the big move to Abu Dhabi
- What women want: new survey reveals Arab women's inner thoughts on workplace equality
- A leadership 'deficit': why ME firms can't give up their reliance on expats
- Much more than just elitism: why Arab students flock abroad for university
- Betting on your self-worth: how to successfully negotiate your salary