Jordan to crack down on illegal workers
[Jordan's] Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine on Wednesday stressed that the ministry will not hesitate to take legal measures against workers and business owners who violate the Labour Law.
He noted that the ministry’s inspection campaigns targeting illegal foreign workers of various nationalities are aimed at regulating the labour market.
As of January 7, the ministry granted business owners and guest workers violating the law a two-month grace period to rectify their situation.
- Emiratisation? Less expats, more locals wanted in entrepreneurship sector
- The hidden cost of job connections in Lebanon
- Employees saving schemes still unpopular in UAE
- 70% chance the nurse who helped you once wants out of the profession
- Executive calls for supporting Saudization even if it 'impacts businesses negatively'