Jordan industrial production is down
The monthly report issued by the Department of Statistics in Jordan indicates a decrease in the General Industrial Price Index of the Industrial production by (0.7 %) during the first half of 2011 as compared with the same period of 2010. This retreat was a result of a decrease in the quantities of the manufacturing industries by (3.0 %) with a relative importance of 82.5%, while the quantities of the quarrying industries went up by 25.0% with a relative importance of 11.0% and the quantities of the electricity production by 1.4 % with a relative importance of 6.5%.
On the monthly level, the report also indicates an increase in the General Industrial Production Index for June 2011 by 0.3% as compared with the previous month (May 2011). This has resulted mainly from an increase in the production quantities of the manufacturing industries by 0.4% that have a relative importance of 82.5% and the production quantities of the electricity by 10.1% with a relative importance of 6.5%, meanwhile the quantities of the quarrying industries have decreased by (7.4%) which have a relative importance of 11.0% .
The report also shows a decrease in the General Industrial Production Index in June 2011 by (1.6%) compared with the same month of 2010. This resulted from a decrease in the production quantities of the manufacturing sector by (3.0) %, while the production quantities of the quarrying sector have increased by 7.8% and electricity by 5.8%.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Jordan: Industrial output up but prices down
- Jordan’s Industrial Products Up
- Jordan decides to exempt all industrial production inputs from customs duties
- The equivalent of Jordan’s entire GDP: Libya has lost $30 billion so far in lost oil production
- Algeria’s industrial production down 2.9 percent in 3Q 2003