Jordan, Iraq discuss ways to cement business ties
Jordanian Businessmen Association (JBA) President Hamdi Tabaa and the Iraqi Commercial Attaché in Amman Adeeb Fattah on Sunday discussed means to boost economic relations between the two countries and their private sectors, in particular.
The two sides agreed that the Iraqi Commercial attaché office should inform and provide the JPA with public (government) tenders that are floated in Iraq in order to encourage Jordanian companies to apply for these tenders. Moreover, Fattah stressed the need to ensure the private sectors’ participation in implementing the fuel pipeline project and other joint ventures, including the railway project, whether directly or through taking part in related infrastructure companies.
- To Bibi or not to Bibi: Israeli's and the cost of living question
- A crisis in the cards? UN official warns of economic downslide in Turkey
- The diversification 'diverse': Dubai stocks extend losses with crude oil
- Sharjah official says economy is healthy, diverse
- Bahrain: Social responsibility ‘vital for companies’