Out of character or perfectly in character? President of Jordan's Chamber of Commerce calls on boycott of Israeli goods
In response to brutal Israeli attacks on Gaza, Jordan Chamber of Commerce (JCC) President Nael Kabariti called on Jordanian traders and importers to boycott Israeli goods and ports. These remarks were made at a meeting between JCC board of directors and a delegation representing the Palestinian union of commercial, industrial and agricultural chambers. The meeting aimed to discuss mechanisms to support Gazans and rehabilitate what was destroyed. Kabariti stressed the importance of conducting a study on destroyed commercial projects and factories in Gaza to find suitable funds through Arab and Islamic chambers of commerce to contribute to their restoration. He also underscored the establishment of the Palestinian products exhibition in the Kingdom, stressing that JCC will be the sponsor and donor for this exhibition. He said JCC and the Palestinian union will contact the Jordanian and Palestinian governments to hasten the establishment of the jointfree zone to expand commercial exchange and economic relations between the two countries. A joint committee was formed to make a work mechanism to execute the plans agreed on in the meeting.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another