Out of character or perfectly in character? President of Jordan's Chamber of Commerce calls on boycott of Israeli goods
In response to brutal Israeli attacks on Gaza, Jordan Chamber of Commerce (JCC) President Nael Kabariti called on Jordanian traders and importers to boycott Israeli goods and ports. These remarks were made at a meeting between JCC board of directors and a delegation representing the Palestinian union of commercial, industrial and agricultural chambers. The meeting aimed to discuss mechanisms to support Gazans and rehabilitate what was destroyed. Kabariti stressed the importance of conducting a study on destroyed commercial projects and factories in Gaza to find suitable funds through Arab and Islamic chambers of commerce to contribute to their restoration. He also underscored the establishment of the Palestinian products exhibition in the Kingdom, stressing that JCC will be the sponsor and donor for this exhibition. He said JCC and the Palestinian union will contact the Jordanian and Palestinian governments to hasten the establishment of the jointfree zone to expand commercial exchange and economic relations between the two countries. A joint committee was formed to make a work mechanism to execute the plans agreed on in the meeting.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue