JEDCO and EU try to kickstart SME economy in Jordan
The Jordan Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO) promoted industry development programmes offered by the European Union to small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) during a workshop at the Zarqa Chamber of Commerce on Monday.
The corporation’s Chief Executive Officer Yarub Qudah said the programmes are valued at JD400 million, divided between grants and loans. The programmes are intended to increase the profitability of SMEs and increase their exporting capabilities.
- Getting the jobsworth: New challenges faced in the UAE employment market
- Teachers’ strike divideds Jordan's educators as students seen as main victims
- Profits in the name of education: GCC reeking in $6 billion worth of international school fees
- A blessing in disguise? UAE unemployment pushing youth towards entrepeneurship
- Why, despite all the insecurity, foreign students still flock to Lebanon to learn Arabic