JEDCO and EU try to kickstart SME economy in Jordan
The Jordan Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO) promoted industry development programmes offered by the European Union to small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) during a workshop at the Zarqa Chamber of Commerce on Monday.
The corporation’s Chief Executive Officer Yarub Qudah said the programmes are valued at JD400 million, divided between grants and loans. The programmes are intended to increase the profitability of SMEs and increase their exporting capabilities.
- Where did all the good Egyptians go? 2014 sees off over half a million workers, leaving to work abroad
- From labour conditions to grand dreams: New York President talks about the big move to Abu Dhabi
- What women want: new survey reveals Arab women's inner thoughts on workplace equality
- A leadership 'deficit': why ME firms can't give up their reliance on expats
- Much more than just elitism: why Arab students flock abroad for university