JEDCO and EU try to kickstart SME economy in Jordan
The Jordan Enterprise Development Corporation (JEDCO) promoted industry development programmes offered by the European Union to small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) during a workshop at the Zarqa Chamber of Commerce on Monday.
The corporation’s Chief Executive Officer Yarub Qudah said the programmes are valued at JD400 million, divided between grants and loans. The programmes are intended to increase the profitability of SMEs and increase their exporting capabilities.
- Emiratisation? Less expats, more locals wanted in entrepreneurship sector
- The hidden cost of job connections in Lebanon
- Employees saving schemes still unpopular in UAE
- 70% chance the nurse who helped you once wants out of the profession
- Executive calls for supporting Saudization even if it 'impacts businesses negatively'