Jordan hosts workers from 108 nationalities, mostly Egyptians
Egyptian guest workers represent the majority of the 108 nationalities working in the Kingdom, constituting 62 per cent of the total number of guest workers, Mohammad Qudah, the Labour Ministry’s secretary general assistant for technical affairs, said on Tuesday. Qudah’s remarks came at a meeting with an Egyptian delegation to discuss several issues related the status of Egyptian workers in Jordan. During the meeting, the Jordanian side presented a briefing on efforts to regulate the labour market and rectify the statuses of guest workers. Members of the Egyptian delegation stressed the importance of further cooperation between the two countries to resolve Egyptian workers’ problems and enhance Jordanian-Egyptian ties.
- Feeling tough these few days? Jordan to deport 260 Egyptians for labor law violations
- Some 300k foreign workers in Jordan, most of them from Egypt
- Jordan's domestic workers have working hours reduced
- No blaming refugees here! Amman drops 14 spots in list of most expensive cities
- Jordanian drowns to death as he jumps ship to avoid fire