Jordan hosts workers from 108 nationalities, mostly Egyptians
Egyptian guest workers represent the majority of the 108 nationalities working in the Kingdom, constituting 62 per cent of the total number of guest workers, Mohammad Qudah, the Labour Ministry’s secretary general assistant for technical affairs, said on Tuesday. Qudah’s remarks came at a meeting with an Egyptian delegation to discuss several issues related the status of Egyptian workers in Jordan. During the meeting, the Jordanian side presented a briefing on efforts to regulate the labour market and rectify the statuses of guest workers. Members of the Egyptian delegation stressed the importance of further cooperation between the two countries to resolve Egyptian workers’ problems and enhance Jordanian-Egyptian ties.
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time
- Business marries politics, again: are Erdogan-allied businesses getting away with more?
- Time to invest closer to home? Why the GCC countries are urged to pump their money into an Arab 'Marshal Plan'