Jordan hosts workers from 108 nationalities, mostly Egyptians
Egyptian guest workers represent the majority of the 108 nationalities working in the Kingdom, constituting 62 per cent of the total number of guest workers, Mohammad Qudah, the Labour Ministry’s secretary general assistant for technical affairs, said on Tuesday. Qudah’s remarks came at a meeting with an Egyptian delegation to discuss several issues related the status of Egyptian workers in Jordan. During the meeting, the Jordanian side presented a briefing on efforts to regulate the labour market and rectify the statuses of guest workers. Members of the Egyptian delegation stressed the importance of further cooperation between the two countries to resolve Egyptian workers’ problems and enhance Jordanian-Egyptian ties.
- DSF promises life-changing moments for shoppers
- Why investing in your employees and company will pay off
- Kuwait in financial flux: KSE closes the gap, making up for previous weeks' losses
- House of Saud lays out its cards: Saudi's private sector sets out its stalls to conquer 2015 via education, health, economics, social services
- Oil losses good for the Gulf sector? Slipping prices, now below $60, no threat to Saudi market