Jordan hosts workers from 108 nationalities, mostly Egyptians
Egyptian guest workers represent the majority of the 108 nationalities working in the Kingdom, constituting 62 per cent of the total number of guest workers, Mohammad Qudah, the Labour Ministry’s secretary general assistant for technical affairs, said on Tuesday. Qudah’s remarks came at a meeting with an Egyptian delegation to discuss several issues related the status of Egyptian workers in Jordan. During the meeting, the Jordanian side presented a briefing on efforts to regulate the labour market and rectify the statuses of guest workers. Members of the Egyptian delegation stressed the importance of further cooperation between the two countries to resolve Egyptian workers’ problems and enhance Jordanian-Egyptian ties.
- Calculating the true cost of regional strife
- Just BS? Why Israel's anti-BDS law can't really stop BDS internationally
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC