Plastic fantastic: Lebanese investor starts up factory in Jordan
Jordan Industrial Estates Corporation (JIEC) and a Lebanese investor on Saturday signed an agreement to establish a factory specialised in plastic industries at Al Muwaqqar Industrial Estate at a cost of JD5 million.
JIEC’s Director General Loay Sehwail said the new agreement brings up the number of industrial entities at the estate to 13 at an investment volume exceeding JD190 million and providing around 15,000 job opportunities.
At the end of the first half of this year, the investment volume at the industrial estates reached around $2.5 billion spread over 553 industrial companies. The companies provided 33,000 jobs and their exports totalled around $1 billion, the JIEC director general pointed out.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects