Jordan: Shmesani opening highlights DHL continuous expansion plans in the Kingdom
DHL, the world’s premier express and logistics company, recently celebrated the opening of its new express centre in Shmesani, a stand-alone retail centre for DHL Express cash shippers of documents and parcels, to/from anywhere in the world.
The Shmesani express centre, which is DHL’s first amongst a number of upcoming facilities in Jordan, has been opened to address the growing business, commercial and financial sector’s requirements within Amman. It will be operating six days a week from 8 am to 8 pm employing highly trained frontline staff to provide cash paying customers the best of services.
“We are extremely excited about this important growth for DHL Jordan, where our initiative is to increase our visibility and accessibility in a more demanding business environment, since the country has a growing economy and great ventures in commercial and retail aspects,” said Rhys Williams, Country Manager, DHL Jordan.
DHL Express continues its expansion in Jordan through an overall and ongoing investment exceeding € 2 million, including the upcoming express centre in Down Town Amman as well as the regional hub at Queen Alia International Airport.
- Jordan National Bank signs an agreement with American Express
- TNT Express partners with local courier company in Iraq
- DHL launches fourth outlet in Doha
- Saudi Arabia: DHL Express to invest approx. 17 million euros for Saudi expansion
- Population growth and strong economy expand KSA’s share in global delivery service revenues