Jordan's finance minister meets to secure hospitality investment projects
Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Tuesday met with Al Maabar Chairman Yousef Al Nowais and an accompanying delegation from the United Arab Emirates.
Nowais, who is also deputising for Al Maabar International, highlighted the company’s projects in Jordan, stressing that it seeks to establish long-term investments in the Kingdom due to the political stability it enjoys, in addition to facilities it provides for investors.
Hafez said Jordan’s vision for economic reform includes improving the competitiveness of the national economy and raise the level of the private sector’s participation in economic activities.
Al Maabar International is implementing the $10 billion Marsa Zayed project in Aqaba and is also carrying out investment projects worth $300 million in the field of hospitality.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Gulf Finance House, Kuwait Finance and Investment Company unveils Royal Village component of US$1 billion Royal Metropolis project
- jordan investment trust concludes ipo preparations for inwan investment plc to be named amlak finance (jordan)
- Egypt secures $216m from Arab Fund for Cairo power plant
- A fresh start? Not really. Meet Egypt's 'new' economic cabinet