Jordan create 8800 jobs in just 10 days
Around 8,800 jobs [in Jordan] have been secured within 10 days under the National Employment Campaign launched last month, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported.
The Ministry of Labour held a ceremony on Tuesday to announce the results of the National Recruitment Days initiative, which fell within the campaign, during which 11,000 Jordanians from all over the Kingdom applied for jobs.
The Labour Ministry, through its offices across the country, has started receiving applications from job seekers wishing to benefit from the employment campaign, which will send them to jobs in the wholesale, retail, transport, storage, communications, construction and hospitality sectors.
On January 14, His Majesty King Abdullah attended the launch of the National Employment Campaign titled “We are all partners”, aiming to provide 18,000 job opportunities.
Acting as patron at the ceremony on Tuesday, Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour said that unemployment is the result of several factors — chief of which is economic stagnation.
He was quoted as commending the campaign’s “tremendous outcomes”.
The premier also called for more work under the initiative, expressing appreciation for its organisers and their partners, according to Petra.
Minister of Labour Nidal Katamine noted that all steps and procedures taken as part of the endeavour were documented, Petra said.
Katamine also said that the campaign targeted an array of industries, including the information and communications technology, hospital, industrial, retail, and restaurant and hotel sectors.
The minister said that several applications had been submitted by people with disabilities, adding that 103 jobs have been filled by disabled people.
The ministry’s secretary general, Hamadah Abu Nejmeh, said that those who applied for jobs have been all linked to 155 employers.
He added that 72 per cent of the applicants are men and 28 per cent are women.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- National employment drive secures 700 jobs in Jordan
- Nawras 8th Goodwill Journey celebrates successful completion of first phase of 10 day journey
- The EU is Jordan's partner in creating job opportunities
- Huge appetite for jobs in Jordan on offer at national recruitment day
- Cisco announces $10 million investment to support sustainable job creation and economic development in Jordan