Jordan-US ready to embrace tighter economic ties
Jordan Chamber of Industry Chairman Ayman Hatahet and US Ambassador to Jordan Stuart Jones on Monday discussed ways to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.
During a meeting that was also attended by board members of the country’s chambers of industry, the two sides examined ways to provide US technical support for the national industry to boost its competitiveness.
Discussions also highlighted the importance of adopting a balanced tax system that guarantees the continuation of outstanding investments and drawing more investments to the Kingdom.
At the meeting, Jones stressed the US support for the country, noting that its support will be directed to alternative and renewable energy, water, telecommunications and information technology sectors in the coming phase.
- How the healthcare industry and populace can get the most from healthcare
- Delusion or reality? The new kind of 'industrial revolution' awaiting the Gulg
- Why the Middle East must invest its future in manufacturing AND innovation
- Israel to exploit Jordanian workers, "Made in Jordan" label to sell
- Is the halal food industry the answer to the Muslim world's food (in)security issues?