Jordan Valley Marriott Resort opens for business
Marriott International has expanded its lodging portfolio in Jordan with the opening of the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa. The resort is the company's third full-service hotel in the Kingdom.
The new resort is owned by the Business Tourism Company (BTC), an affiliate of the Arab International Hotels Company (AIHC), also the owning company of the Amman Marriott Hotel. Located 400 meters below sea level, the lowest point on Earth, the hotel features views of the Dead Sea from each of its 216 guest rooms.
For meetings, conference and events, the resort has four meeting rooms and a large ballroom, which is divisible into two rooms and can host 450 guests. There are also two cinemas, which seat 75 people each that can be used as auditoriums.
“We shall soon embark on the development of the fourth Marriott property in Jordan, the Aqaba Marriott Resort on the Red Sea,” said Chairman of the Board for BTC and AIHC, Nadim Muasher. Marriott International is represented by two other hotels in Jordan – the 268-room Amman Marriott Hotel and the 99-room Petra Marriott Hotel. The Aqaba Marriott Hotel & Resort is scheduled to open in 2004. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Jordan Marriott Hotels recognize top customers with appreciation party
- Marriott debuts resort on Jordan's Dead Sea coast
- Saudi-Tunisian resort opens for business
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa honored in the 2012 Trip Advisor Travelers’ Choice hotel awards
- Mother’s day celebrations at the lowest point on earth