Does Jordan have enough wheat in the barn?
Jordan’s stock of wheat is sufficient to last the Kingdom around 10 months, Ministry of Industry said on Sunday.
The ministry said the current stock is over 716,000 tonnes, divided between 367,000 tonnes currently in the ministry’s warehouses and 350,000 being shipped to Jordan.
The country’s stores of barley stand at around 297,000 tonnes, the statement said, including 143,000 in warehouses and 153,000 being shipped.
The ministry said that Jordan consumes 70,000 tonnes of wheat and 65,000 tonnes of barley each month.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another