Does Jordan have enough wheat in the barn?
Jordan’s stock of wheat is sufficient to last the Kingdom around 10 months, Ministry of Industry said on Sunday.
The ministry said the current stock is over 716,000 tonnes, divided between 367,000 tonnes currently in the ministry’s warehouses and 350,000 being shipped to Jordan.
The country’s stores of barley stand at around 297,000 tonnes, the statement said, including 143,000 in warehouses and 153,000 being shipped.
The ministry said that Jordan consumes 70,000 tonnes of wheat and 65,000 tonnes of barley each month.
- Reconsidering the fork and knife hegemony: how cultural intelligence can land you the job of your dreams
- Revealed: the top ten paid individuals in the UAE
- With 903 dead in six months, Turkey's job safety, or lack thereof, comes under fire again
- Bayt.com survey reveals the "Ramadan effect'" on the workplace
- Time for some basic labour rights? Why hiring Filipino housemaids just got almost impossible in the UAE