Does Jordan have enough wheat in the barn?
Jordan’s stock of wheat is sufficient to last the Kingdom around 10 months, Ministry of Industry said on Sunday.
The ministry said the current stock is over 716,000 tonnes, divided between 367,000 tonnes currently in the ministry’s warehouses and 350,000 being shipped to Jordan.
The country’s stores of barley stand at around 297,000 tonnes, the statement said, including 143,000 in warehouses and 153,000 being shipped.
The ministry said that Jordan consumes 70,000 tonnes of wheat and 65,000 tonnes of barley each month.
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- 'Dreams for Sale': an inside look into the domestic worker life in Lebanon
- A thriving black market: the lucrative business of runaway maids
- Going big (and small): 2015's hottest cars and trucks