Jordan: WiMAX operators hold 8.3% share of residential broadband Internet connectivity
A new Arab Advisors’ survey of Jordan's Internet users reveals that WiMAX operators had an 8.3% share of residential broadband Internet connectivity in the country.
The survey report, Jordan Internet Users and E-commerce Survey 2008, provides the results of a major comprehensive online survey of Internet users in Jordan. The survey covered the Internet usage, e commerce, cellular and Pay TV usage and habits of the online community in Jordan. The survey’s online field work was conducted between October 12th and November 5th 2008.
Respondents were randomly targeted by receiving an email shot in their inbox to ask them to fill the survey in cooperation with major online players in Jordan, namely: JorMall, Click Jordan and MassJordan. The survey results encompass answers from a new of 931 respondents that passed rigorous quality control checks. Quality control was conducted by Arab Advisors Group’s team. The survey was conducted on the general Internet population that is above 18 years of age. The online survey yields a confidence level of 99% with a margin of error of less than 4%.
- Oman's Internet users spent US$ 236 million in 2008 on retail e-commerce
- Saudi Arabia: Internet users spent over US$ 3.28 billion in B2C e-commerce during 2007
- Egypt: Internet users spend US$ 2.1 billion on retail e-commerce
- Internet captures eyeballs away from TV viewing in Egypt
- Tunisia’s Internet users spent over US$ 132.7 million in B2C e-commerce during the past 12 months