Cancelling winter saved Jordan $7 million
Jordan's decision to cancel winter time saved the Kingdom $7 million, according to the country's Energy Minister
The National Electric Power Company [in Jordan] saved JD5 million ($7 million) worth of electricity during the winter as a result of remaining on summer time (GMT+3), Energy Minister Alaa Batayneh said on Tuesday.
Batayneh noted that the figure was calculated through studies conducted by the ministry on electricity consumption during evening and morning peak hours.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow