Cancelling winter saved Jordan $7 million
The National Electric Power Company [in Jordan] saved JD5 million ($7 million) worth of electricity during the winter as a result of remaining on summer time (GMT+3), Energy Minister Alaa Batayneh said on Tuesday.
Batayneh noted that the figure was calculated through studies conducted by the ministry on electricity consumption during evening and morning peak hours.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue