Cancelling winter saved Jordan $7 million
Jordan's decision to cancel winter time saved the Kingdom $7 million, according to the country's Energy Minister
The National Electric Power Company [in Jordan] saved JD5 million ($7 million) worth of electricity during the winter as a result of remaining on summer time (GMT+3), Energy Minister Alaa Batayneh said on Tuesday.
Batayneh noted that the figure was calculated through studies conducted by the ministry on electricity consumption during evening and morning peak hours.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?