Cancelling winter saved Jordan $7 million
The National Electric Power Company [in Jordan] saved JD5 million ($7 million) worth of electricity during the winter as a result of remaining on summer time (GMT+3), Energy Minister Alaa Batayneh said on Tuesday.
Batayneh noted that the figure was calculated through studies conducted by the ministry on electricity consumption during evening and morning peak hours.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts