Jordanian Electric Power Company report losses
Jordanian Electric Power Company (JEPCO) recorded losses worth 5.3 million dinars in the first half of this year compared to a loss of 385,000 dinars for the same period last year.
The company said in a disclosure posted on the Amman Stock Exchange on Wednesday that the total equity and liabilities amounted to 7.487 million dinars as of the end of June this year compared to 480 million dinar the total equity at the end of last year. According to the disclosure, the company's bill of energy rose to 204.8 million dinars compared to 196 million dinars last year. (JD1=US$1.4)
- Why will Middle Eastern oil prices go up?
- Yemen and lifting energy subsidies: the great struggle
- Playing things safe: is China diversifying away from GCC oil imports?
- Taking the lead: the US' newfound role in energy markets and what it entails for the region
- Watch out, Qatar: How Cyprus is poised to become the EU’s new energy hub