Jordanian Electric Power Company report losses
Jordanian Electric Power Company (JEPCO) recorded losses worth 5.3 million dinars in the first half of this year compared to a loss of 385,000 dinars for the same period last year.
The company said in a disclosure posted on the Amman Stock Exchange on Wednesday that the total equity and liabilities amounted to 7.487 million dinars as of the end of June this year compared to 480 million dinar the total equity at the end of last year. According to the disclosure, the company's bill of energy rose to 204.8 million dinars compared to 196 million dinars last year. (JD1=US$1.4)
- Wishful thinking? US shale revolution won't affect Middle East
- With the US about to become a net exporter, is the ME’s crude oil on its way to dispensablity?
- Adding fuel to the fire: how Egypt's prime minster is seeking to justify subsidy cuts
- How the violence in Iraq is costing Egypt more than a billion dollars
- Ready to compete and change the entire game? US to open the valve on blocked oil exports