Jordan's XPress chooses Tellabs Systems for network launch
Jordanian wireless communications operator XPress has chosen to deploy Tellabs solutions in its core transmission network. The operator will provide a new digital radio trunking service, scheduled to launch in April 2004.
Through distributor Northern Digital Telecom, XPress has purchased the Tellabs 6300 managed transport system and the Tellabs 8100 managed access system, including the Tellabs 8100 network manager.
XPress deploys the Integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN) technology to provide trunked radio dispatch service. The service will offer both full mobile services and dispatch services, which will enable subscribers to communicate through one-to-one and one-to-many by pressing a single button. In addition, services such as Short Message Service (SMS), Global Positioning System (GPS) and Data Packet will be offered.
XPress is an integrated wireless communications operator -- the first and only licensed digital radio trunking service provider in Jordan. The company recently received a $49.4 million loan guarantee from the Export-Import Bank of the United States for the new radio trunking service. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- US Ex-Im Bank in largest Arab telecom financing project with Jordan's XPress
- XPress launches radio trunking and mobile telephony services in Jordan
- Royal Medical Services chooses Jordan Data Systems
- Tellabs enhances Fastlink's mobile network in Jordan
- XPress Enters Palestinian Market with New Digital Trunking license