Khansaheb bags third Dubai convention center contract
The Dubai-based Khansaheb Civil Engineering has won a $12 million contract for the third construction phase of the Dubai convention center. The package includes the provision and installation of furniture and other office equipment. The project is to be completed by March 2003.
Last year, the Dubai Municipality in conjunction with the Dubai World Trade Center (DWTC) have awarded Khansaheb with the project’s first and second tenders as well. Worth a total of approximately $100 million, these contracts provided for the sub and super-structure works of the 6,000-seater convention center, the construction of an eight-story car park, a concourse area, a 10-story office block and a three-story podium.
The 8,100 square meter convention center is constructed in preparation for the World BankInternational Monetary Fund (IMF) annual board of governors meetings, scheduled to be held in Dubai in September 2003.
Around one billion Emirati dirhams ($272 million) were allocated for the Dubai 2003 project, some Dh600 million of which will be spent on the multi-storied convention center. The British RMJM firm is the project’s lead architect and structural engineer. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai builds $65 million convention center for 2003
- Dubai 2003 organizing committee visits Dubai International Convention Center
- New upgrades and enhancements at Dubai World Trade Center now underway
- Emirates Post opens new post office at Dubai International Convention Center
- DIB provides Dh100 million financing package for DWTC expansion