Kia targets15,000 vehicles in 2013 in UAE market
Kia Motors produces over 2.7 million vehicles a year in 13 manufacturing and assembly operations in five countries
Click here to add Al Majid Motors Company as an alert
Disable alert for Al Majid Motors Company,
Click here to add Amei Ramesh as an alert
Disable alert for Amei Ramesh,
Click here to add KIA Motors as an alert
Disable alert for KIA Motors,
Click here to add Mitkar Samee Akbar as an alert
Disable alert for Mitkar Samee Akbar
Al Majid Motors Company (AMMC), Kia distributors in the UAE, has reported more than 8 per cent growth in sales in the UAE during the first four months of 2013.
“Our target is 15,00-16,000 vehicles this year and we are currently on track as we approach the middle of the year. We are targeting about 6 per cent of the market share in the UAE,” Mitkar Samee Akbar, AMMC’s marketing manager told Gulf News.
Akbar added: “We have witnessed a great demand on three Kia models: Sportage, Sorento and the high-end Cerato in the UAE market. We hope this trend continues because there is a growing positive sentiment in the market. This will help us to meet our sales targets this year which are promising so far and benefit from our vehicles’ technical prowess and growing popularity. Last year the number of cars sold by all motor companies operating in the UAE is estimated at 250,000 and this year the UAE will witness further hikes in the number due to the strong demand and due to economic growth,” he remarked.
Speaking at the launch of the all-new Kia Carens in the UAE, Amei Ramesh, AMMC general manager, said that Kia is facing tough competition in the market worldwide. “Kia is eying to have a bigger share in the UAE market. We expect the number of vehicles to be sold in the UAE is more than last year. We are doing the best marketing strategies in this regard,” said Ramesh.
Kia Motors produces over 2.7 million vehicles a year in 13 manufacturing and assembly operations in five countries which are then sold and serviced through a network of distributors and dealers covering around 150 countries. Kia’s worldwide annual revenues last year were $42 billion (Dh154.47 billion).
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Saudi Arabia's plastic consumption 20 times higher than global average
- VAT in Egypt: A guide to taxed and exempted goods
- Go big or go home: Expat salaries soar in Dubai
- Lebanon: Financial analysts warn of long-term economic repercussions after BLOM Bank attack
- Kia Motors report 9% sales growth during Q1 due to sophisticated architecture, Kia’s brand perception
- Kia’s flagship, completely redesigned vehicle in mid-size executive category now available in the UAE
- Al Majid Motors launches all new Kia Carens in the UAE
- Kia aims to score a coup with new Cerato and Optima
- Kia Motors shows sales growth of 22% in the UAE during 2012