Kingdom Tower beats Burj Khalifa
Kingdom Holding Company has announced that the Kingdom Tower, the world’s tallest tower (beating the Burj Khalifa) will be completed by the middle of 2017. The skyscraper will stand tall at 1,000 metres.
A team that is led by Adrian Smith and Gordon Gill Architecture, a Chicago based firm, has created the design for the highly anticipated project. It is the centerpiece and the first construction phase of Kingdom City Jeddah. The tower won’t come alone, it will be surrounded by an entirely built urban community of more than 5 million square metres overlooking the Red Sea.
The team also comprised building services engineering consultants, environmental systems design and structural engineering consultants, Thornton Tomasetti, engineer of three of the world’s top 10 tallest buildings. Chairman of Kingdom Holding Company, billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal said that the green light has been given as a go-ahead for this project.
“The final license to construct the world’s tallest tower was formally received from the Jeddah municipality in February and it will be completed in 63 months,” he said. “The vision of constructing the tallest tower in the world in Jeddah belongs to Prince Alwaleed, who was closely involved in the selection of the scheme currently under design,” said Talal Al Maiman, Executive director, Development and Domestic Investments, a board member of both KHC and JEC.
The tower is set to be built over a total construction area of 500,000 square metres; it will feature a mixture of a Four Seasons hotel, office spaces serviced apartments and an observatory.
To be built over a total construction area of over 500,000 sq m, the soaring Kingdom Tower will be a mixed-use project featuring a Four Seasons hotel and serviced apartments, first class office space, luxury condominiums and an observatory that will be higher than the world’s current highest observation deck. The contract for construction of the tower was signed with Saudi Bin Laden group for SR4.6 billion.
- CEO of the UAE's top developer, MAF Properties talks money and retail
- The top five mistakes committed by real estate agents
- After bringing down Dubai's Finanicial Market by $30 billion, what does Arabtec's downfall really tell us?
- Gaza's desperate need for a 'Marshall Plan'
- 'Operation Constructive Edge': Gaza looks to post-war aid to rebuild
- $1.6 billion and years later: the date for Kingdom Tower's dethroning of Burj Khalifa announced
- Emaar: no higher ambitions than Burj Khalifa
- Burj Khalifa 2.0: Dubai property tycoon to build 1km tower in Asia
- The world's tallest tower, 'Burj Khalifa' is 828 metres high
- Emaar’s Burj Dubai is now 100 storeys high