Keeping up with KIPCO: the investment giant posts 20% profits
Kuwait Projects Co (KIPCO), the Gulf state’s largest listed investment company, reported a 20 per cent rise in first-quarter profit on Wednesday.
KIPCO made a profit of 10.3 million dinars ($36.70 million) in the three months to March 31, up from 8.6 million dinars in the year-earlier period, the company said in a statement.
KIPCO’s first-quarter revenue rose 19 per cent to 137 million dinars.
“Our first-quarter results reflect the continued double-digit profit growth that we expect from the company’s core businesses in 2014,” Tariq AbdulSalam, KIPCO’s chief executive officer for Investments, said in the statement.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue