Iraqi Kurdistan considers boosting ties with Tripoli, Lebanon
“Iraqi Kurdistan is seeing an economic boom and we hope that Lebanese businessmen continue to benefit from facilities offered by the regional government,” head of the Tripoli Chamber of Commerce Tawfik Daboussi said.
Former Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammad Raouf, who headed the delegation, called on Lebanese investors to tap opportunities in Iraqi Kurdistan. He said tourism presents significant opportunities in the region in addition to housing, industry and petrochemicals.
“Lebanese businessmen are the biggest investors in Iraqi Kurdistan and we believe economic relationships can be developed further,” Raouf added.
- Why the Egyptian government and activists are just not seeing eye-to-eye on labour reforms
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain