Iraqi Kurdistan considers boosting ties with Tripoli, Lebanon
“Iraqi Kurdistan is seeing an economic boom and we hope that Lebanese businessmen continue to benefit from facilities offered by the regional government,” head of the Tripoli Chamber of Commerce Tawfik Daboussi said.
Former Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammad Raouf, who headed the delegation, called on Lebanese investors to tap opportunities in Iraqi Kurdistan. He said tourism presents significant opportunities in the region in addition to housing, industry and petrochemicals.
“Lebanese businessmen are the biggest investors in Iraqi Kurdistan and we believe economic relationships can be developed further,” Raouf added.
- Let them eat bread: Lebanese youth urged to build their own future
- The list of the top ten highest salaries in the UAE reveals that they are not as high as they once were
- Why this global mega company is investing $500 million in Egypt
- GCC to remain stable despite oil price decline
- What's keeping Saudi youth from working in the private sector? It's exactly what you think it is