Kuwait’s Americana sees 12.6 percent profit rise
The Kuwait Food Company (Americana) recorded a 12.6 percent net income increase during the first half of 2002, reaching $17.8 million. The gains were achieved despite the ongoing Arab boycott of US products and services, reported Taib Securities.
Based in Kuwait, Americana is considered one of the Middle East’s largest restaurant, food processing, distribution and food retail companies.
Founded in 1963, Americana operates in nine Middle Eastern countries and is involved throughout the Middle East in restaurant operations, food processing, food retail, and other related industries. Some of its marketed products include American products Kentucky Fried Chicken, Hardees and Pizza Hut. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Kuwait Petroleum sees 20 percent rise in net profits
- Qtel nine month net profit attributable to Qtel shareholders grows 12.6% percent to QAR 2.4 billion
- Egypt’s state silos company sees 24 percent profit rise in 2002
- Egypt’s state silos company sees 82 percent profit rise
- Gulf industry 'cements' revenue rises