Kuwait and Bahrain telecom operators sign messaging deal
Kuwait’s Wataniya Telecom has reported full MMS interconnection with the customers of Bahrain's Batelco GSM network. Multimedia picture messages can now be sent and received between the two independent operators in the Middle East region.
The announcement follows on the heels of a joint announcement made by Wataniya and MTC which will allow MMS messages to be exchanged between the two Kuwaiti operators. Wataniya currently offers roaming and SMS services to over 200 operators in 100 countries, which stands as the most extensive roaming support for Kuwaiti mobile users.
Launched in 1999, Wataniya Telecom has a market capitalization exceeding $3.4 billion. With operations in Northern Iraq, Tunisia and most recently being awarded the third GSM nationwide license in Algeria, Wataniya Telecom is actively expanding its presence within the Middle East North Africa region. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Report: Wataniya Telecom offers the most competitive GSM rates in the region
- Wataniya Telecom wins Algeria’s third GSM License
- Kuwait's Wataniya Telecom launches eight new GPRS and MMS roaming services
- Wataniya Telecom Action subscribers reach new peaks
- Wataniya Telecom indicates positive growth in 2004