Kuwait: Average per capita income
According to Al-Yaum newspaper, the National Bank of Kuwait reported that the volume of Kuwait's GDP climbed by 35% in 2005 to reach KD 23.6 billion ($81 billion) by year end compared with an average growth rate of 23% over the previous two years. Meanwhile, the volume of Kuwait's total national income climbed by 35.8% in 2005 to reach KD 26 billion ($90 billion) by year end.
The same paper reported that the average per capita income in the State of Kuwait hit $34,482 in 2005, which is the second highest in the Arabian Gulf region, after the State of Qatar.
- UAE: Average per capita income to hit $28,500 in 2005
- Saudi per capita average poultry consumption stands at 48kg per annum
- Rasasi reinforces domain leadership at Kuwait International Perfumes & Cosmetics Exhibition; focus on exclusive fragrances
- Qatari minister: Income per capita hits US$40,000 per year
- Qataris have highest regional per capita income