The price of the past: Iraq reiterates commitment to pay Kuwait compensations
Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on Wednesday reiterated his country's keenness on closing file of the remaining compensations that should be paid to Kuwait.
Iraq is keen on thrashing out remaining issues with Kuwait "and closing the file of the compensations," Zebari was quoted as saying, according to a statement released by Iraqi Foreign Ministry.
The official statement indicated that Zebari held a meeting with Executive Director of the Compensation Commission at the United Nations Trevor Raja "Iraq's efforts are noticeable with regard of honoring its obligations regarding the payment of the remaining compensations," he said.
According to the statement, Raja praised Iraq's efforts for "closing the file of the remaining compensations for Kuwait."
- Why the Egyptian government and activists are just not seeing eye-to-eye on labour reforms
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain