The price of the past: Iraq reiterates commitment to pay Kuwait compensations
Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on Wednesday reiterated his country's keenness on closing file of the remaining compensations that should be paid to Kuwait.
Iraq is keen on thrashing out remaining issues with Kuwait "and closing the file of the compensations," Zebari was quoted as saying, according to a statement released by Iraqi Foreign Ministry.
The official statement indicated that Zebari held a meeting with Executive Director of the Compensation Commission at the United Nations Trevor Raja "Iraq's efforts are noticeable with regard of honoring its obligations regarding the payment of the remaining compensations," he said.
According to the statement, Raja praised Iraq's efforts for "closing the file of the remaining compensations for Kuwait."
- The 'Egyptian Dream': is sacrifice a necessary requirement for Egyptians to achieve a better standard of living?
- Ramadan brings the issue of food wastage in Saudi Arabia to the forefront
- Creating conditionality: why the GCC should aid-for-trade
- Financial troubles cited as reason for suicide in Turkey
- What is Al-Sisi's true economic orientation?