The price of the past: Iraq reiterates commitment to pay Kuwait compensations
Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on Wednesday reiterated his country's keenness on closing file of the remaining compensations that should be paid to Kuwait.
Iraq is keen on thrashing out remaining issues with Kuwait "and closing the file of the compensations," Zebari was quoted as saying, according to a statement released by Iraqi Foreign Ministry.
The official statement indicated that Zebari held a meeting with Executive Director of the Compensation Commission at the United Nations Trevor Raja "Iraq's efforts are noticeable with regard of honoring its obligations regarding the payment of the remaining compensations," he said.
According to the statement, Raja praised Iraq's efforts for "closing the file of the remaining compensations for Kuwait."
- Saudi SMEs v overseas enterprises. Who is the winner?
- Why does inflation continue to rise in the UAE?
- With Sisi likely to take over, how will Egypt's 'military economy' look like?
- Will future talks between the IMF and Egypt help the country's economy?
- Is Iran's economy already thriving amidst limited sanctions relief? Apparently so!