The price of the past: Iraq reiterates commitment to pay Kuwait compensations
Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari on Wednesday reiterated his country's keenness on closing file of the remaining compensations that should be paid to Kuwait.
Iraq is keen on thrashing out remaining issues with Kuwait "and closing the file of the compensations," Zebari was quoted as saying, according to a statement released by Iraqi Foreign Ministry.
The official statement indicated that Zebari held a meeting with Executive Director of the Compensation Commission at the United Nations Trevor Raja "Iraq's efforts are noticeable with regard of honoring its obligations regarding the payment of the remaining compensations," he said.
According to the statement, Raja praised Iraq's efforts for "closing the file of the remaining compensations for Kuwait."
- DP World’s profits soared by 41 percent in H1. What’s their secret?
- Kingdom’s SMEs hold stronger outlook for Q3
- Jordan's King Abdullah has a 10-year plan for the country's economy
- Dubai's economy could have an optimistic future with a 5.6 percent growth this year
- Ups and downs: Jordan's public debt is up and ratio to GDP is down