Kuwait Oil Company automates tendering processes through Microsoft technologies
As part of its strategy to adopt the latest technology to enhance business productivity, the Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has taken the lead in the region by automating all its internal tendering processes through Microsoft .NET technologies.
KOC e-Tendering is one of the first fully implemented solutions of its kind in the Oil and Gas industry in the Middle East. With Microsoft .NET technologies, KOC has streamlined the current tendering processes such as the supplier registration, tender submission, publishing and classification as well as awarding the tender. Microsoft.NET platform is a set of Microsoft software technologies that seamlessly connects information, people, systems and devices.
According to Mrs. Bouland, the E-Tendering project is the first phase in KOC's strategy to procure materials and services on-line from the best possible suppliers at the best possible cost. In the future KOC plans to enlarge the scope of this solution to include a virtual marketplace, which will bring together its numerous suppliers and contractors.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft develops software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. Microsoft opened its Dubai-based Middle East office in 1991, headquartered at Dubai Internet City and is responsible for all aspects of the company's business in the region, covering the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain Yemen, Lebanon, Jordan, Cyprus, Malta, Egypt and Pakistan. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- EQUATE & Dow sponsor process automation lab at Kuwait University’s engineering college The 1st of its kind at Middle East universities
- Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC) Streamlines Service Delivery with Integrated, Automated IT with BMC Software
- Microsoft Jordan and the Water sector empower ICT staff of the sector by providing training on Microsoft’s SharePoint platform
- Zaitt brings Jordan's olive oil online
- Kuwait National Petroleum Company selects HP to accelerate business transformation