Kuwait: Significant rise in inflation
Healthy economic growth in Kuwait was accompanied with a significant rise in inflation. Measured by the growth of Consumer Price Index (CPI), inflation wnt up to 3.92 per cent in 2Q2005 from an extremely low level of 0.89 per cent in 2002.
According to Arab Times, overall inflation for 2005 is about to beat the previous high of 3.1 per cent in 1999 and almost equal the 3.6 per cent price hike in 1996.
- Kuwait inflation to rise further after hitting a record 10.1%in February
- Blame it on the munchies? Why food prices are not entirely behind Saudi's rising inflation
- Inflation rises in Kuwait: The cost of food blamed for 0.3 per cent increase of inflation
- Kuwait: Inflation on the rise
- inflation has accelerated thus far in 2007, reaching 5.3% in may… recent cbk policy action has focused on subduing rising prices