Kuwait University rolls out Cisco’s Internet applications
Kuwait University has decided to deploy an end-to-end, converged voice and data network based on technology from the international Internet networking company, Cisco Systems. The new network will form the foundations for a platform on which the University can add new applications, including IP Telephony, e-learning, IP Television (IP/TV) and videoconferencing.
The new solution will connect five campuses located throughout Kuwait City, including new buildings within the Shuwaikh campus. A variety of Cisco Catalyst switches, including the Catalyst 6500, the Catalyst 4006 and the Catalyst 3500 are to be deployed to ensure support for multicasting.
Cisco's Aironet 1200 wireless LAN solution will also be deployed within social meeting areas, such as restaurants and cafeterias, enabling students to connect to the Internet. Cisco's solution will also allow online student registration for students to sign up for courses. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Cisco workshop: Middle East SMBs to enter Internet age
- Cisco Systems deploys Medical Grade Network solution at Al Salam International Hospital in Kuwait
- Cisco Systems to organise Cisco Connect Day in Kuwait
- Qtel Begins Roll Out Process for Fibre to the Home in Qatar
- MRO Software launches next phase of Maximo Enterprise Suite roll out with MXES Mobile Suite