Kuwaiti real estate firm buys more of London
London Bridge Holdings has sold More London, a premier real estate asset in London, to Kuwaiti firm St Martins Property Group for approximately 1.7 billion British pounds, according to people familiar with the deal, and as reported by Reuters.
London Bridge Holdings had originally planned to refinance More London by next summer but decided to sell the asset due to the attractive offer made by St Martins, which already owns property in London.
“This transaction underscores the success of London Bridge Holdings in transforming a blighted, brown field site into a vibrant and vital global business centre,” the firm said in a statement.
London Bridge Holdings bought the brown field site in 1998 and developed More London, which is adjacent to Tower Bridge and opposite The Tower of London.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Revealed: the top real estate tycoons in the ME