Kuwaiti mobile operators announce MMS interconnectivity agreement
In a move to boost uptake of multimedia services in Kuwait, the country's two mobile operators today signed an MMS interconnectivity agreement.
This new interconnection ability will enable Kuwaiti customers to exchange multimedia messages with anyone in Kuwait, regardless of which network they and their correspondent are using. The announcement marks the region's first national MMS interconnectivity agreement between two competing operators.
It is estimated that 2004 will be the year that MMS develops strong momentum and begins to see widespread use around the world with one in four handsets being MMS enabled. The success of MMS is largely dictated by the market's ability to quickly and easily send and receive multimedia messages between networks and devices. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- STC & Mobily Announce Completion of Technical Interconnect Link of Advanced 3G Network
- Send an MMS anywhere across the world with Etisalat's enhanced MMS service - Etisalat increases reach to cover 700+ MMS international operators
- Kuwaiti mobile operator signs new agreement with Nokia
- Batelco signs GPRS & MMS roaming agreement with Saudi Arabia
- Etihad Atheeb Telecom “GO” and Mobile Telecommunications Company “Zain” Ink Interconnect Agreement