Kuwaiti parliament committee OKs privatization bill
A Kuwaiti parliament committee announced Monday it had approved the draft of a key legislation that could pave the way for privatizing Kuwait's public services and state-owned companies.
According to AFP, the government-sponsored bill facilitates the sale of electricity, communications and education services to local and foreign private investors but bans the privatization of oil and gas production. The draft stipulates that an oversight council led by the Kuwaiti prime minister must be set up to have the final say on transferring public services to the private sector.
- Kuwaiti parliament panel approves privatization bill
- Kuwaiti Oil Minister Optimistic on Parliament’s Approval of Oil Bill
- Kuwaiti parliament approves foreign investment bill
- Kuwait's government must work harder to pass privatization bill: economists
- Kuwaiti Parliamentary Panel Approves Bill to Block any Deal with Israel