Kuwait's Global buys 14 percent stake in Oman's United Finance Company
With Global’s regional expansion after opening in Bahrain, the company began the second phase of its strategic growth in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region after buying 14 percent of the United Finance Company in Oman.
Global, listed on the Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE), played a major role in developing the Kuwaiti local market, via playing the listing advisor role for many companies, publishing economic reports and research on companies, sectors and countrys’ overview.
Global first began its expansion in Bahrain in 2003, where it manages a number of local investment funds. However, the GCC States have a number of promising investment opportunities and Global highly considers taking part and helping enhance the GCC market.
United Finance Company was established in 1997 in Oman. It is specialized in consumer finance, in addition to financing commercial and industrial companies’ equipment. The company is listed in Muscat Securities Market. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Global Investment House acquires 14 percent stake in Omani finance company
- $200 million Alba bond listed on Bahrain Stock Exchange
- Global Investment House lists KFSC on Kuwait Stock Exchange
- $600 million Malaysian Islamic bond listed on BSE
- Global: Bahraini stock market continues to grow at a healthy pace