Land-lease agreement signed Dubai Logistics City
A land-lease agreement was recently signed between Dubai Logistics City and four global industry heavyweights Aramex, Danzas, Kuehne+Nagel and Panalpina to operate several warehousing and contract logistics facilities in the emirate.
"These signings demonstrate the power of the Dubai Logistics City business proposition and that of Dubai as a world-class hub," said Shaikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Emirates Group and President of Dubai Department of Civil Aviation who signed the contracts, according to Khaleej Times.
The four companies with which Dubai Logidtics City signed the contract with are leading express operator Aramex, global forwarding and logistics provider Danzas, logistics service providers Kuehne+Nagel and Panalpina.
"These are the first of what will be a partner portfolio that will evolve into a virtual 'who's who' of the industry," Shaikh Ahmed added.
Dubai Logistics City is a key component of the major urban aviation project being developed in Jebel Ali, Dubai World Central. Over 85 regional and international companies have reserved in excess of over 2.5 million square meters of land within the city.
"By 2008 we expect over 6 million square meters of land to be leased," Shaikh Ahmed added.
Now that phase one grading of DLC is complete, the partners now able to begin construction of their own facilities.
- 2.5 million square meters of land reserved in DLC
- Mohebi Logistics invests AED 350 million to build new headquarters in Dubai Logistics City
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority signs a partnership agreement with Dubai Industrial City
- Rasasi Group eyes regional expansion with new factory at Dubai Industrial City
- Aramex signs key contract with Wataniya Mobile to provide integrated logistics services