Le Meridien and Visa partner to stimulate online booking
Luxury hotel group Le Meridien and Visa International have combined forces to drive online transactions in the Middle East. In a joint promotion, the companies have created a microsite to offer booking and paying for hotel rooms online.
Le Meridien’s online bookings are continuing to increase, with online bookings standing at about four percent of total revenue. According to the global marketing information services firm JD Power, Le Meridien customers are more than twice as likely to book online as for any of the company’s competitors.
Meanwhile, the final quarter of last year saw e-commerce transactions on a global scale continued to grow with Visa payments via the Internet up 82 percent in terms of transaction volume and 105 per cent in terms of dollar volume.
Le Meridien Getaways program specifies up to 50 percent discount off hotel rack rates, valid until the end of March, and covering properties in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), as well as India. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Le Meridien and Visa partner to stimulate online booking
- Starwood Hotels around the world roll out the welcome mat for millions of new Chinese travelers
- Le Royal Meridien Bahrain’s revenues up 30 percent in 1Q02
- Egypt to be stimulated by the UAE
- Amadeus Saudi Arabia hosted Annual Customer Event in the Kingdom