Lebanese fashion label makes Dubai debut
Lebanese haute couture designer Janine Asmar unveiled a collection of ladies wear at Dubai’s Deira City Center on Saturday accompanied by the latest Sony consumer electronics, stated a press release.
Described as the first collection of its type, Chanchanco, meaning waistcoat in Japanese, is a range of ladies’ body belt tailor-made to carry cameras, mobile phones, car keys, and all the usual contents of a conventional handbag.
Chanchanco is a registered trademark and the label’s body belt designs are patented. The collection comprises around 20 different designs in a variety of colors and materials, including leather, denim, and fabric studded with diamante.
The collection is currently available at seven outlets in Beirut and Lebanon, and will shortly go on sale at a leading Dubai boutique. Expanding the Chanchanco range elsewhere in the Gulf and into Europe is also planned. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- New Look survey’s the GCC’s denim habits in preparation for the launch of its new ‘Yes Yes’ Denim Collection
- ICONIC makes a sparkling debut in Al Ain
- Katy "Cleopatra" Perry and Dubai's VDay performer Rita Ora make Milan Fashion Week cameos
- Capital style - Abu Dhabi makes a fashion statement
- High-end fashion brand ‘La Martina’ makes Middle East debut with signature store at The Dubai Mall