Lebanese Ministry of Telecommunications signs agreement with Tellabs
The Lebanese Ministry of Telecommunications (MoT), the sole provider of telecommunications services in Lebanon, has selected the Tellabs(R) 8100 network manager and the Tellabs(R) 8110 network terminating unit (NTU) to enable it to rapidly provision digital leased line services and provide data access to its customers across the country.
The products, which are distributed by Tellabs' partner Tetracom, will provide increased control over the network, enabling the MoT to reduce operating expenses and to add new customers as well as to introduce new services from a single network manager.
Since 1978 Tetracom has been a system integrator for data and voice switching, converged vetworking, IP telephony, customer care, CRM, Voice Loggers and low current solutions.
Tetracom, based in Lebanon, covers the Middle East market and serves customers from all vertical industries such as telcos, GSM operators, government, airline industry, higher learning, police, ministries, banking, hospitality, health care, small and medium enterprises. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Tellabs enhances Fastlink's mobile network in Jordan
- Jordan's XPress chooses Tellabs Systems for network launch
- Etisalat launches third generation telecommunications network
- Alcatel installs broadband wireless networks in Lebanon
- Neon Communications selects ECI Telecom's XDM converged metro optical transport platform