Lebanon’s Arab highway project extends to Jabal Lebnan
Construction of the Sofer Al-Medairej road project in the Jabal Lebnan region is currently underway in conjunction with the larger Arab Highway Project. The initiative connects Beirut and Jabal Lebnan with the Bekaa area.
The highway will be extended further to reach neighboring Arab countries via Syria, reported Al-Hayat. The new road in Jabal Lebnan is 5.5 kilometers long and 14.5 meter wide.
The Italian Toto Company is funding the 60 billion Lebanese Pound ($40 million) project under the supervision of the Lebanese Development and Construction Council. — (menareport.com)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Sharjah-RAK highway tender closes January-end
- Saudi Fund for Development extended $45 million for Damascus highway
- OPEC fund lends $15 million to Lebanese highway rehabilitation project
- Saudi Fund Helps Lebanon Rehabilitate Beirut-Damascus Highway
- Japan loans Morocco $114 million for northern road project