Where are the 4G smartphone users in Lebanon?
Lebanon is still looking to sign some agreements with smartphone manufacturers that use 4G in an effort to grow the use of this new technology in the country (Shutterstock)
Click here to add Information and Communications Technology Ministry as an alert
Disable alert for Information and Communicat ...,
Click here to add Nicolas Sehnaoui as an alert
Disable alert for Nicolas Sehnaoui,
Click here to add Telecommunications Ministry as an alert
Disable alert for Telecommunications Ministry
The small number of smartphones in Lebanon that can use 4G has impeded the growth of this new technology, caretaker Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui said Friday.
“Lately, we have been able to successfully implement the fourth generation mobile technology, but we are still looking forward to signing some agreements with manufacturers of smartphones that are compatible with this technology,” he added.
In his speech, Sehnaoui highlighted the major changes that have taken place in the telecoms sector in Lebanon over the past two years and which necessitate changing the name of the Telecommunications Ministry to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?