Where are the 4G smartphone users in Lebanon?
The small number of smartphones in Lebanon that can use 4G has impeded the growth of this new technology, caretaker Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui said Friday.
“Lately, we have been able to successfully implement the fourth generation mobile technology, but we are still looking forward to signing some agreements with manufacturers of smartphones that are compatible with this technology,” he added.
In his speech, Sehnaoui highlighted the major changes that have taken place in the telecoms sector in Lebanon over the past two years and which necessitate changing the name of the Telecommunications Ministry to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry.
- The 'ironic' struggle for Turkey's internet freedom
- Forget the iphone 6 for a second and pay attention to Apple and the 'smartwatch revolution'
- A piece of cake? Egypt's 'baseeta' e-service for completing government documents gains popularity despite legality concerns
- When will the iphone 6 come to the Middle East?
- Filters vs. proxies: the tug of war between Iranian authorities and online browsers