Where are the 4G smartphone users in Lebanon?
The small number of smartphones in Lebanon that can use 4G has impeded the growth of this new technology, caretaker Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui said Friday.
“Lately, we have been able to successfully implement the fourth generation mobile technology, but we are still looking forward to signing some agreements with manufacturers of smartphones that are compatible with this technology,” he added.
In his speech, Sehnaoui highlighted the major changes that have taken place in the telecoms sector in Lebanon over the past two years and which necessitate changing the name of the Telecommunications Ministry to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry.
- From more BBM-ing, to less Facebook-ing: how exactly are people in Qatar using the internet?
- Unnatural troubles: Cyber attacks increased by a billion in 2014
- From the World Cup to the iPhone 6: what are people in the UAE googling the most?
- Mashallah! Online ventures target a tremendous Muslim consumer base
- It's complicated: Iran's 'sinful' relationship with the internet