Where are the 4G smartphone users in Lebanon?
The small number of smartphones in Lebanon that can use 4G has impeded the growth of this new technology, caretaker Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui said Friday.
“Lately, we have been able to successfully implement the fourth generation mobile technology, but we are still looking forward to signing some agreements with manufacturers of smartphones that are compatible with this technology,” he added.
In his speech, Sehnaoui highlighted the major changes that have taken place in the telecoms sector in Lebanon over the past two years and which necessitate changing the name of the Telecommunications Ministry to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry.
- New one-stop Smart App Store highly-rated by UAE residents
- GCC to pioneer safe and secure online shopping
- Too much for Big Brother to handle? Will the UAE ban Whatsapp after it turns into a calling app as well?
- Smart Dubai strategic plan launched
- For the first time official data reveals the Middle East's facebook and twitter trends, expect the unexpected!