Where are the 4G smartphone users in Lebanon?
The small number of smartphones in Lebanon that can use 4G has impeded the growth of this new technology, caretaker Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui said Friday.
“Lately, we have been able to successfully implement the fourth generation mobile technology, but we are still looking forward to signing some agreements with manufacturers of smartphones that are compatible with this technology,” he added.
In his speech, Sehnaoui highlighted the major changes that have taken place in the telecoms sector in Lebanon over the past two years and which necessitate changing the name of the Telecommunications Ministry to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry.
- Good luck blockading that: In Gaza, an IT company has Google-sized aspirations
- Can television survive amid digital challenge?
- The notorious industry: comparing foreign vs. local tobacco brands on the Arab street
- Dubai 360 launches the world’s largest online interactive city tour
- What's more common in the UAE- Nokia or the iPhone 5s? Make a second guess!