Lebanon and Syria to build joint water dam
The governments of Lebanon and Syria recently signed an agreement to build a joint dam on the Nahr al Kabir River in northern Lebanon, reported Al-Hayat. Syria will have access to 60 percent of the river’s water and Lebanon will have access to the remaining 40 percent.
The rivers of Lebanon can be divided into two groups. The first is made up of the east-west rivers which drain Mount Lebanon. The second group is that of the two large rivers of Bekaa; the Litani and the Nahr Al Assi. The Nahr al Kabir River forms the country’s northern frontier with Syria and extends from Epiphania to the Mediterranean. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)